Congressional term limits is a subject that rarely ever gets discussed. Obviously Congress and the 2 major political Parties are less inclined to alter their power bases to any substatial degree. But it is a subject I have discussed before. I believe it is an issue well past due. It is something we can alter.
I would love to hear the response of any and all elected officials on this subject. I cannot imagine a reason that Congressional term limits should not apply, but I am open to hear them. Specifically I would like to hear them addressed to the following 8 items. [I did not create this Congressional Reform Act of 2010 but having received it, and read it, I do agree with it.]
Congressional Reform Act of 2010
- A. Two Six year Senate terms
- B. Six Two year House terms
- C. One Six year Senate term and three Two Year House terms
- A congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.
- All funds in the Congressional retirement fund moves to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.
- The American people did not make this contract with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.
Regardless of personal political leanings, I believe we all can agree on the above. If you do, please pass this on to others. We can make it happen, because We The People are the power of America.
Send it to your elected officials and let’s see how they respond.