The following is a verbatim comment posted on May 25, 2018 on the Facebook page” Vass Political Commentary. It addresses the extreme differences in major media and social media reporting of mass shootings and armed civilians.
Couple of things to take away from the Oklahoma shooting yesterday:
1) Notice that the reporting of an incident where no one died and shooter was stopped by armed citizens gets far less traction – with a greater delay in reporting – than a shooting fitting the anti-2nd Amendment agenda?
No deaths, low body count, and quick resolution that favors 2nd Amendment equate to virtual media blackout. That’s important, as it clearly identifies a bias in major media – or in other words media is trying to shape political policy which is not their purpose.
2) The citizens of Oklahoma were just recently denied ability to carry firearms, as the articles denote and is the popular demand by the Far Left. Imagine how much more quickly this would have been resolved IF the same “good guys with a gun” or others had their firearm on hand rather than in a car they had to go to and then continue.
3) Did you notice that there was NO mention of the firearm being used from NBC, CNN, or other sources. That means it clearly wasn’t an AR-15 or other rifle (as even a shotgun, on the scene even if not used, has initially been reported as a rifle by media). Given the statistics, it was probably a handgun – defeating the gun ban theories as protection for public.
4) Notice that NBC hinted that the samaritans should be charged with a crime – “Mathews said he did not expect Nazario and Whittle to be charged for the fatal shooting” – the wording is odd and clearly opposes the CNN reporting – “The men’s actions in this case were “well within their legal rights” and likely would be protected by good Samaritan laws, Mathews said. He deferred a final call to the Oklahoma County district attorney, whose staff did not immediately respond to CNN’s request for comment.”
5) NBC completely ignored the facts of the situation. They did not report that the samaritans clearly tried to NOT discharge their firearms, and attempted to end the situation PEACEFULLY. The shooter did not comply and was an aggressor – resulting in the exchange of gunfire, ending the life of the shooter, and saving an incalculable number of lives.
This opposes the implied, and sometimes stated, belief of anti-2nd Amendment radicals, that armed civilians are inherently violent and a threat to general public.
I picked CNN and NBC specifically considering their leanings to the Left and their observed anti-2nd Amendment stances. I would suggest comparing this article to other similar events. Such a comparison will tell you much about what is going on.